Sunday, April 4, 2010

the easter egg party!

About 4 years ago I started having an annual Easter egg decorating party at our house. Last year we were unable to have the party because we were busy "hatching" our own little egg to add to the family, baby Noah! So, this year I was really looking forward to the party.
I learned quickly the best place for this is our backyard! So, the party was originally scheduled for last weekend.... but, had to be postponed due to bad weather. However, yesterday, we could not have had better spring weather! Perfect!
Our friends and family gathered in the backyard, shared some Easter snacks, and dyed Easter eggs. It is always interesting to me to see what creative things the kids can come up with to "do" to their eggs. And what colors they can create. Usually, my boys want to mix all the colors so the eggs end up a lovely shade of brown. However, this year, they did not want brown, and they created lovely eggs! These are now on "display" on our kitchen counter for Easter dinner tomorrow night.
After the coloring of the eggs, it was time to announce who had won the "guess how many jelly beans are in the jar?" game. Only Doug knew the actual number and even I was amazed! There were over 900 jelly beans in the jar! And, my nephew, Max, won the prize! Well, truth be told, since Max is only 2, his father made the guess, but that was ok with us!!!
Then, we finished our afternoon with the annual egg and spoon relay race! This was really cute this year!
So, I am already planning for next year!!!!























No comments: