Saturday, May 14, 2011

the memory jar


I struggle every year with what to get my mom for Mother's Day. This year was no different. She has everything and needs nothing!

I found an idea in Better Homes and Gardens magazine for doing a "time capsule" for a Mother's Day gift and include items and or photos from the year. I "adapted" this idea a bit and decided to do a "memory jar."

I included a few items from the past that reminded me of things we did together, such as sand and a seashell to represent all of our time at the beach, and a pencil to remind her of my school years, college, and the fact that she was a teacher when I was younger, and put them in a glass jar. I also included a few photos. Love the way it turned out....and I think she did too!

Happy Mother's Day Mommy!

No comments: