Saturday, August 13, 2011

A,B,C... back to school

Yesterday we celebrated the end of summer camp with a back-to-school pencil exchange party!  My middle little guy is starting kindergarten in just a few days and I decided this would be a nice way to kick off kindergarten with a few friends!

I have to say this party was a blast to plan.  There are so many creative ideas out there for back to school!



Dani at Daninotes was kind enough to (again) design a custom invite for me!!!  Thank you Dani!







I took black construction paper and chalk and made it look more like a "chalkboard" for placemats/name cards.  Super easy!



scissor erasers!!  orientaltrading.com


the kids decorated pencil cases with stickers and paint pens to hold their pencils from the exchange.




thought this was a creative idea... they are pink school erasers wrapped in wax paper to look like "candy!"
idea found on OneCharmingParty.com


We also decided that it would be nice to make a gift to take our teacher on the first day of school.  So, we put a bunch of highlighters in a treat bag, tied with ribbon, and added this super cute DIY tag found on OneCharmingParty.com





And what's a party without snacks?!  These cute little apple cupcake toppers are from   AppleBlossomBakery on Etsy.    Such a great Etsy shop for cupcake toppers!

We also enjoyed "Scrabble Junior" Cheese-It crackers (to make words of course!), grapes, and these cheese stick pencils!  Cheese sticks with ham as erasers, bugles and raisin pieces for the lead.  I saw these on Family Fun's site and really wanted to try them.  I have to admit, they are NOT as easy as they look!  I ended up only making a few.





Only ELEVEN more days until kindergarten!

3 comments:

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

You are sweet to bring the teacher a gift! i'm also a teacher! I teach 3rd grade!

Darci White said...

WOW - this is adorable! And Dani does awesome work.... she designed my little guy's birth announcements / thank you notes / etc. and I love them!

SUCH A CUTE PARTY!!! You are on creative mama! So glad I stumbled upon your blog. :)

The Paper Plume said...

The cheese pencil is brilliant (and tasty). So creative!