Sunday, October 11, 2009

One last little taste of summer!











be sure to check out the back of Noah's pants!










the boys!
























So, over the past week I have been feeling as I often do - that I do not spend enough time with the boys. Meaning real time, quality time, not just the time like doing homework and having meals together, but really spending time with them. I do not know about all my other mommy friends out there, but it is so hard once you have more than one child to feel like you really slow down and spend time with your family. I often catch myself saying "mommy needs to clean the kitchen right now so I'll play later." Or if Bryson asks me to watch a tv show with him, I'll say "in a minute." I just feel like I always have three million things to get done in one day. So, I decided that we needed a "mental health" day, or a "mommy and the boys day" as I called it in front of them. Since the weather had been so nice this past week, almost summer like, I was having a little beach fever again. I feel like we did not go to the coast quite as much this summer as we usually do. Probably because of having Noah and it made things a little tricky to just pack up and head to the beach for the day. But, I decided that that is what I wanted to do. I needed to be out of the house, away form all my three million things to do, and just able to focus on nothing but the boys. And so... we packed up a picnic lunch, some beach toys, an umbrella, and headed off to Wrightsville Beach for the day! The only thing we were missing was.... Daddy! Yes, Doug was not able to get the day off, unfortunately. Yes, he did think I was crazy to take three children, one of them only being six months old, to the beach for the day. And, yes, for the record, I was crazy to try it. But, we did it and we had a great day!!!
So, here are a few photos from the day.

No comments: