Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the dino party























This past weekend was "party weekend" for our family! Like I mentioned, not only did we have Bryson's birthday party, but also our annual pumpkin carving party too! I think I did this to myself last year as well..... what was I thinking again this year??!!

Bryson requested several months ago to have a "T-Rex" party to celebrate his fifth birthday. Obviously, I could not say no to that! He has "planned" his party with me almost every step of the way. And, when I suggested we have it at the Museum at the Dino Trail, he was elated!

Our invitation asked our guests to join us on the "Dino Trail" at 2pm. We gathered about 15 children (various ages) and ventured into dino land! I really thought the trail would last about 10 minutes with younger children. After all, it is just life size replicas of the dinos. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the kids loved this, and the older kids actually read the signs and the information to the younger non-reading ones! It was very sweet. Following the trail, the kids headed over to the fossil dig to find treasures and bones, while I slipped away to set up the party room!

Then, it was "birthday celebration" time for Bryson! Cake, ice cream, cupcakes, goodie bags, singing, presents and lots of laughter! The perfect party!!

So, here are a few pics (ok...lots!) from the Bryson's big day!

Happy Birthday my little Bryson!!! We love you!!!



***a few party details.... Bryson's cake turned out exactly as I had hoped! It was perfect! I used the same cake person that I have often used and was so pleased - again! Her name is Jackie Treschl and her bakery is called the Sweet Spot.

The party goodie bags ( Bryson's pictured above ) were probably my favorite detail of this party!!! They turned out super cute and the kids loved that each one had their name printed on it! I can thank Bridgett at Perideau Designs for these! She was super to work with on the custom dino design! These party bags are custom printed muslin bags with your choice of a graphic and then each guest's name! Such a special and personal detail!

And, those sweet little dino sugar cookies are from and Etsy shop called SugarcoatedCookies. I was so worried about ordering delicate iced sugar cookies through the mail, but they arrived in mint condition!

Finally, although it is what actually "started" everything... the invite and paper goods! I can thank Dani at Daninotes for all of her help on those! She, also, worked with me on a custom dino photo invite that Bryson and I loved! From there, she did the tags for the cookies and round stickers with dinos and number fives on them. I used those stickers to embellish the napkins at each place setting. (Not my original plan, but it worked great!)

I "heart" party details!

3 comments:

Steph said...

another beautiful party by jenn!! :) great job and it looks like bryson had so much fun! hope you guys have a super fun halloween weekend!

Bridgett said...

What a great party! You really have a knack for details.

Christie said...

What a great idea for a party! I love it!