Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Crib




So, I guess I should start by confessing that I have done what everyone always tells you not to do with a newborn.... allow them to sleep in your room, or worse, your bed! Yes, Noah has been sleeping either in the cradle in our bedroom, or in the bed with me since he was born! Poor Doug has really been banished to the sofa for about 6 months now. The first few weeks after Noah was born, it was just so easy. He would wake up to feed, and we were already right there in bed. Easy! Then , I got so used to it that I could not stand to not have him in the bed or at least in the cradle near me. I remember so vividly those first few weeks, I would lay in the bed at night and just stare at him sleeping until I, myself, drifted off to sleep. It was a very special part of my night to watch that sweet little baby laying there sleeping so peacefully.


However, I know that the right thing to do is move him to his crib. So, last week, I had my hands full upstairs and Noah was a little fussy, so I laid him in his crib thinking it would be for a minute. After I got Bryson and Cameron settled in for the night I went back to pick up Noah and go downstairs for out nighttime bottle. To my surprise, he had fallen asleep! So, I thought surely he would only sleep about 30 minutes and then I would go get him. No, he slept there all night!!!!! It was a little bittersweet for me. Ever since that night, Noah has slept in his crib in the room he and Bryson share. It has been so easy, even I am amazed. At about the same time we have a bottle and then I either hold him for a minute or just lay him down and every time he falls asleep - for the whole night! I am very lucky and he is a very good baby!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So Sad to know!! :[ When he has been sleeping in your bed since he was born!